Friday, March 21, 2008

Elizabethtown

I kept seeing part of this movie on cable. Im not a big fan of Orlando Bloom or Kirsten Dunst, but since i had nothing better to do earlier, i opted to watch the film on HBO.

I seriously liked some parts of the movie. I enjoyed the epic conversation of Drew and Claire and i wondered if people were still crazy enough to indulge in such experience. For now, text messages, forwarded emails, and an easy forgetfullness of moments are what is convenient. Who would dare talk to someone, close to a complete stranger at that, and decide to meet in time for sunrise just to enjoy the view? Sometimes people have completely lost their faith on humanity and the simple pleasures of 'being there for that moment'. There has been too much analysis, too much data, that it actually ruins the beauty of spontaneity. And, still, i wonder more if people given our average everydayness, can still take the time to dance in the encounters we have of the people we meet everyday? Wouldn't it be a treat?

Another scene that I completely loved was the roadtrip. I love driving. I take that back, if i knew how and if i had a car, i would probably take that detour all the time and attempt to get lost on the road only to find leisure in finding my way back--with some music, of course! Yeah, if there's one thing i truly miss about my stint in the states,its the passenger seat i endeavored with my sister on the wheel. I wish i can just take off and drive somewhere far, just go on driving, and ride like the wind.

Elizabethtown was not really that spectacular, now that i have thought about it more. I even got bored along the way except for those two scenes that really hit home for me. I am honestly grateful for times like this, when i can appreciate what i watch and reflect it on my life. "We can be friends for the rest of our lives" - could have really been a great line worthy of meaning if they didn't meet again. But i guess Elizabethtown was more of a love story... i used it to reconnect with my being and it feels great to have generated enough thought to write this entry....

And im blabbing now. i think i just feel good. Two days ago a friend asked me what i did to my other blog, i told him i quit, after 6 years of documentation i quit, for the reason that i blabbed on too much...and its happening again...

I guess all i really wanted to point out are these questions:

how far would you go for a friend, for family, for yourself?
will you take the time to explore and do something you have been wanting to do for so long but never really got around to do it?
if you have the chance to make that one epic phone call, who would you be talking to?
and if somebody reached out, will you take the time to talk and listen?

No comments: