Thursday, March 27, 2008

Conviction of the Heart

I have been floating aimlessly for sometime now, trying to grasp my anchor. I have cast my grip on one too many fleeting pursuits that my life has been an endless tragedy of waiting. The truth is i will always end up frustrated and in terrible want if i stay the same. I have been told, i have been shown, i ought to commit and be redeemed.

There are too many mediocre things in this world that i must know what is the truth. I will never be contented, but i wll forever be dissatisfied. I will never be perfect for i am sinful by nature. I can never make it on my own, unless i rest my trust on God. That my presence in this world is never about me but about Him. That it is not my own toil, effort and hard work that will save me, but by the grace of God alone.

My life is absurd. My heart has labored much. My soul is weeping. I am broken. But because of the blood on the cross my being rejoices and i dance in thanksgiving.


I take heed in John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!"

No comments: